Methodology - Concept Testing
VGMarket offers both qualitative and quantitative concept testing.
- 80-100 respondents participate in a concept test.
- There are 10 groups with 8-10 respondents per group.
- Groups may take place in any city worldwide.
2) Overall Theme
- Respondents evaluate one or more new videogame concepts based on storyboards or early video footage.
- Unpopular ideas will be discarded before investment decisions are made, and promising concepts will be refined into a working theme.
- Respondents evaluate potential gameplay mechanics.
- Working within the theme, the group will brainstorm and propose new ideas for the developers to consider.
4) Art Style
- Test various art styles to find the direction that resonates with the target audience.
- The client will receive a comprehensive report within 72 hours upon completion of the final group in each city.
Concept Survey Techniques
- Development-Focused Conjoint Analysis
- Tailor a new video game concept to the demands of a target market.
- Optimize spending by quantifying the marginal utility of development investments on consumer demand.
- Testable elements include but are not limited to:
- Overall theme
- Art style
- Feature concepts
- Platform preferences
- Genre preferences
- ESRB rating
- Market Segmentation
- Categorize consumers into market segments based on a battery of psychographic and demographic variables.
- Identify the most feasible target market for the product.
- Use the profile of the target market to guide the development process from start to finish.
- Concept Evaluation
- Quantify consumer appeal for new concepts and features based on textual descriptions, pictures, and video footage.