Online Survey Research
VGMarket offers online survey research in the Concept, Pre-Launch, and Post-Launch phases of development.
Concept Survey Techniques
Development-Focused Conjoint Analysis
- Tailor a new video game concept to the demands of a target market.
- Optimize spending by quantifying the marginal utility of development investments on consumer demand.
- Testable elements include but are not limited to:
- Overall theme
- Art style
- Feature concepts
- Platform preferences
- Genre preferences
- ESRB rating
- Market Segmentation
- Categorize consumers into market segments based on psychographic and demographic variables.
- Identify the most feasible target market for the product.
- Use the profile of the target market to guide the development process from start to finish.
- Concept Evaluation
- Quantify consumer appeal for new concepts and features based on textual descriptions, pictures, and video footage.
Pre-Launch Survey Techniques
- Marketing-Focused Conjoint Analysis
- A comprehensive survey that optimizes the marketing mix.
- Determine the price points that maximize revenue, distribution, and profit for a single or multi-platform release.
- Identify the optimal marketing communications, advertisements, and box art.
- Simulate a fictional marketplace with your product against the competition.
- Design a marketing strategy that maximizes your market share.
- Determine the price points that maximize profit, revenue, and distribution.
- Ad Testing
- Quantify and predict the effectiveness of advertisements across mediums to optimize spending.
- Pack Testing
- Test the effectiveness of box art mock-ups.
- Quantify intent to purchase, perception of quality, and recognition among a competitive set.
- Predictive Modeling
- Forecast unit sales and online service subscriptions.
Post-Launch Survey Techniques
- Customer Satisfaction
- Quantify overall satisfaction and intent to purchase a sequel.
- Break the game down into its individual features and obtain quality scores on every detail.
- Correlate feature scores to overall satisfaction and purchase intent of a sequel to identify the areas most in need of improvement.
- Gain insights for future development.
- Micro-Transactional Conjoint Analysis
- Test the appeal of various micro-transactional product offerings prior to making a development investment.
- Determine the optimal price point for each micro-transaction such that cannibalization is minimized and total profit is maximized across the product line.